Thursday, February 3, 2011

Things I've noticed: Maybe Bookmonkey isn't the most accurate name

Looking back through my older posts, I’ve noticed that I have a lot of work on film, television, and videogames. Unfortunately, I can’t create three additional parallel blogs called Wisdom of Filmmonkey, Televisionmonkey, and Videogamemonkey, so everything has come under my bookmonkey blog. (Actually I’m sure I could, but as I like seeing my friends and family, I’m just going to stick to this one.)

Considering how many articles I do have regarding books however, it is important that I send out a quick thanks to my lovely wife for regularly reminding me that a blog with the word “Book” in the title should have more than a small amount of book-related postings.

It’s kind of strange overall when I look back at my earlier posts, for a while I had a great numbering system and three specific types of posts (Things I’ve noticed being the only survivor of these categories), and with one embarrassing post aside (yes I’ve activated a link to it – I still think epic fantasy series are far too numerous for any well-rounded reader to follow, but perhaps I could have said it a little nicer), I’m pretty happy with what I’ve done.

Anyway, for those of you out there who agree with my wife and wonder how long it will be until I put some more focus on genre books in this blog, don’t worry, I try to rotate between all the stuff I’m interested in and books are a huge part of that.

Your Pal,
Bookmonkey

1 comment:

  1. I think you're doing splendidly.
    I enjoy paper DVDs as much as the next guy, but I like those things that make be-be-be-be-beeps too.
    There's room for all of it.
    Keep on truckin'!

    ReplyDelete