Sunday, October 21, 2012

Bookmonkey Saw: Day 21

Scream Queens

Part of the Saw franchise I've been most looking forward to all month is the VH1 Reality Television series Scream Queens.

The premise is pretty simple - ten young actresses compete in horror movie-themed competitions to win a role in Saw VI.

Having just watched Saw VI (more on this in my next post), I'm not sure how much of a reward that was - but what the heck, exposure is exposure and all three of the top contestants ended up getting roles in film and TV based partly on their exposure on Scream Queens.

The show has the ten contestants living in a house in California and working with judges Shawnee Smith (actress in Saw I, II, and III), writer/director James Gunn (Dawn of the Dead, Slither, Super), and acting coach John Homa.  Over the course of eight episodes they did everything from scream to fight and act scared, terrified, seductive and angry.  Honestly, an acting-themed Reality TV series felt like a lot of fun, and if I were a fan of the Saw franchise, I'd have to admit that being able to watch Reality TV and video games related to the upcoming sequel in the series would be a great way to build excitement.

Honestly, the work behind these last two posts has been some of the most fun I've had all month (since the first film, that is).

No comments:

Post a Comment