Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Sometimes even preparing isn’t enough

So I was asked to take part in a panel interview today with a bunch of scholarship winners and we were doing the interview on Adobe Connect, which I am sure is a wonderful piece of software that when, used correctly does all sorts of amazing things.

For me however, the loading screen took about 10 minutes to load and then my connection was choppy at best. I was able to say a few things using the text chat window, but my audio connection really didn’t work at all.

The crazy thing is that I prepped my computer for this yesterday, making sure my software was up to date and that the system recognized me, and even popping onto the “meeting room” this morning to make sure my connection at work was doing fine.

In the end, I guess you just have to do the best you can with what you’ve got – and I hope I got my points across using the text window with the time I had.

At least I’ll now have more sympathy for future presenters suffering from technical difficulties – they can really throw you.

No comments:

Post a Comment