Tuesday, July 7, 2015

I’m seeing a great conjunction of Tricorne hats

Have you ever had the experience where the various books, shows, movies or other forms of entertainment you’re enjoying start to shar things in common – maybe the same actor keeps popping up or perhaps the same joke is made in the course of a week of your viewing?

In the last two days I’ve begun watching season two of AMCs TURN: Washington’s Spies, reading Drums of Autumn (Book four of Diana Gabaldon’s Outlander series), and am getting into the home stretch with the Ubisoft game Assassin’s Creed III. All three of these stories take place during the 1770s, in the American Colonies, and although I didn’t plan it, it seems like everything I’m watching / reading / playing right now seems to be filled with the American Revolution. This is a little strange as I’m Canadian, but what the heck, sometimes you’ve just got to go for it!

And yes I'm aware that I'm talking about a cognitive bias called the Baader-Meinhof Phenomenon, but as a long-time Dark Crystal fan, a great conjunction is at hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment