Monday, March 21, 2016

My Reading Habits This Week have gotten complicated...

Due to a series of library due dates, an inability to renew popular titles, and my own hubris, I'm currently working my way through three novels and a comic book series at the same time.

Like most people (I assume), I normally pick up one book and read it until I finish and then pick up another, but I'm currently reading Charles de Lint's urban fantasy novel Memory and Dream,  Caleb Carr's The Alienist, and Justin Cronin's The Passage, as well as the recent Marvel comics title Ghost Rider.

Kind of like the film Inception, I'm reading my comics at an accelerated pace (5-6 issues a day), while reading The Alienist at about 100-pages-a-day, The Passage at about 50-pages a day, and Memory & Dream at about 25-pages-a-week.

My books are about, in turn, a ghost, fairies, a serial killer (probably) in late 1800s New York City, and the end of the world via Vampire Apocalypse.  

And they're all really good!

Hopefully by the end of the week I'll be down to three books and if I'm lucky I'll be down to two books by the end of the Easter long weekend, but we'll see how much free time I end up with.

Reading can be tricky!

No comments:

Post a Comment