Monday, August 23, 2010

Movie Review: Scott Pilgrim vs. the World

On Saturday my wife and I went to see the film Scott Pilgrim vs. the World with our friends Mike and Trish. It was awesome.

To be fair, here are the many ways in which I am biased:

1) I loved (and own) the comic series the film is adapted from
2) I've been posting about wanting to see this film for a while now
3) The film is unashamedly Canadian in feel
4) I love (and own most of) the previous works of the director
5) From the beginning I thought that the casting of Michael Cera was perfect

The movie is a lot of fun - it felt as if it was aimed directly at my demographic (Video game playing Canadians with a love of romance/action films), contained musical bits from tonnes of classic video games, and had a story that felt both sweet and awesome at the same time (while staying true to the source material).

The cast was great, from the seven evil ex's through to Scott's family, band-mates and room mate (a scene-stealing Kieran Culkin), the action sequences were awesome and the film was really, really funny.

I am definitely recommending the movie, and already have it on my Christmas wish-list.

No comments:

Post a Comment