Thursday, June 9, 2011

Things I've Noticed: Sometimes Pomp and Circumstance can be pretty cool

I just got back from my university convocation - kind of like a graduation, but with strange medieval style hoods and a lot more razzmatazz that anything I've been to before.

The picture to the left sort of looks like the outfit I had, only there wasn't a hat and the red area was a little fancier.

When I was seventeen I skipped the province rather than attend my own high school grad, so today was my first education-related ceremony I've attended since my daughter's high-school grad last year (or my junior high farewell back in the early '90s - our slow song of choice that year was More than Words by Extreme), and I've got to say, this was a pretty amazing shindig.

Good eats, nice people and very fancy, I'm also quite enamoured with the various items you get to wear with higher education - the hats are pretty amazing!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, hats for all!
    Fine, fine work my ivory-tower chum.
    I shall now address you as... THE MAAW-STER!

    I hope that will be acceptable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heehee More than Words.
    That song was "the" song my ex boyfriend chose as our song. NOw everytime I hear it I cringe.
    But truthfully, it's better than the first song my husband and I ever danced to(making it our song of course) November Rain by Guns N Roses
    *shudder

    I'm glad you got to enjoy the finery of your special day!

    ReplyDelete