Thursday, June 21, 2012

Things I've Noticed: Five Reasons Everyone Should watch The Warriors


Although I’ve long been a fan of this little gem from 1979, It has been a difficult process for me to explain exactly why I think the majority of people out there should see it.
So let me give it a try...
5. You’ll finally be one of the cool people who understand where the phrases “Warriors... Come out to pla-ay!” and “CAN YOU DIG IT?” comes from.
4. For an action film set in a dystopian near-future New York, it sits comfortably in my top three (also see Escape from New York and I Am Legend)
3. For an action film set in a dystopian near-future New York, It has a surprisingly great performance from lead actor Michael Beck

 2. The Tag-line is as follows: These are the Armies of The Night. They are 60,000 strong. They outnumber the cops three to one. They could run New York City. Tonight they're all out to get the Warriors.

 1.  The story is inspired by the Anabasis by the Ancient Greek writer and soldier Xenophon, meaning that while you’re watching the various gangs do their best to bring the Warriors down, you are also watching an adaptation of one of the coolest stories written in the ancient world.

No comments:

Post a Comment