Thursday, January 2, 2014

New Year’s Resolutions: Bookmonkey Style

As we prepare to wrap up 2013 I’m looking forward to a busy beginning of 2014 and then a whole lot of time. I’ll be finishing up my Master’s degree in April and then I’m going to be out of school for the first time since I went back to do my undergraduate part-time in 2004.

So in the spirit of New Year’s Resolutions, I’m going to come up with a few things to make my post-graduate school year a great one.

I’m going to increase the number of books I read a month: Until I started Library school in the fall of 2011, I read, pretty consistently, ten books a month, every month, not counting comics and various magazines, but with the increased demand on my time that school caused, I had to drop down to seven books a month. Add to that the fact that I have about ten plastic bins of paperbacks in my garage and a lot of books throughout my home I’ve been meaning to get to, and I’m pretty confident I have both the materials and the drive to get my numbers back up to my pre-Grad school levels.

Past that I'm going to try to do all the usual New Year's resolutions - get a little better with my cash, diet, and what not.

So there you go - feel free to hold me to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment