Saturday, April 11, 2015

Saving up my Grimm...

So I'm a pretty big fan of NBC's Grimm, a fantasy and fairy-tale themed crime procedural which focuses on a man who can see various fairy tale creatures and his attempts to keep his town safe.

But I think I may watch it a little different than most - I've been taping episodes of the current season (4) since last October on my PVR and won't actually start watching them until next month.

For the last few years I've saved up each episode and eventually watched them at a rate of once a day leading up to the season finale, which I then watch live.

In some ways I think it's my family's style of binge watching, only instead of checking out a season over the course of a weekend, it takes me a couple weeks to a month, but at this slightly accelerated rate I feel like the season-long story arcs tend to work a little better for me.

In the last few weeks my wife and I have watched X-Company (CBC), The Americans (FX), Better Call Saul (AMC) and Vikings (History) this way, and honestly, it's working out pretty well for us.

It may not be for everyone, but I have to say, I feel like I get to enjoy the stories without the whole season becoming an amorphous blob in my memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment