Thursday, July 1, 2010

Happy Canada Day

For all my Canadian Readers (Hello my lovely wife) Happy Canada Day!

For everyone else, I'll try to answer the question of "Why aren't any businesses in Canada answering the phone today?"

Although for most of the world today was a pretty regular Wednesday, for us up in the Great White North it's our National Holiday. Yup, Canada Day (which used to be known as Dominion Day) celebrates the enactment of the British North America Act back in 1867 when our country began the journey to being the great nation it is today.

It's a pretty big deal for us, we have fireworks, a statutory holiday, and my grocery store sells cupcakes with little Canadian flags on them.

Anyway, I'll be back onto my regular reviews and musings next week, I just wanted to send out a quick note wishing everyone a great Canada Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment