Sunday, February 12, 2012

Movie Review: Chronicle

For the last few weeks I've been watching best picture nominees in preparation for the Oscars later this month, but due to a scheduling conflict today, my mother, brother and I ended up seeing the film Chronicle.

Holy cats - why wasn't I waiting for this film with baited breath?

Honestly, I had never heard of the movie until three days ago when I saw the Roger Ebert review.

The film in a sentence: A Cloverfield-film about three teenaged boys who develop superpowers.

The movie starts out as a kind of fun romp but soon it becomes apparent we are looking at a really well put together film starring three really talented young men (Dane DeHaan - who I loved in season 3 of In Treatment, Michael B. Jordon who was great last year on Parenthood and Alex Russell, who I haven't seen before but will sure keep an eye out for now).

Honestly, I'm going to be buying the movie, and considering it's based on an original story, rather than being adapted from a comic book, I've got to say it's a great super hero origin film as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment