Monday, April 29, 2013

Just back from Jasper

So yesterday my wife and I returned from a trip to Jasper National Park, where we took in the 2013 Alberta Library Conference, which was pretty amazing.

I took in sessions on topics ranging from leadership to storytelling and building an online presence, and my wife and I got to stay in a really nice cabin (pictured right), and eat some incredibly tasty food over the three days we spent there.

This is the fourth time I've attended the conference, but the first time I got to volunteer - I did duties as a convenor for one of the sessions (basically I introduced the speakers and reminded everyone to turn their cellphones to silent), which was a little nerve wracking but a lot of fun.

Also, on a side note, this was the first time my wife and I spent more than a few days away from our kids and they handled themselves wonderfully - Thanks Girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment