Thursday, April 26, 2012

Things I've noticed: I'm a huge fan of Jasper

Not the bear (although I did fill out the costume at a Canadian Library Conference once, but the National Park.  I'm currently in a library course for the School of Library Sciences at the University of Alberta where I'm learning about networking and trend spotting.

This one-credit course is being held at the Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge (pictured left) for the annual Alberta Library Conference.  What this means for me is a few days of some serious work (networking is definitely not my strong suit) and a lot of fun.

What this means for my loyal blog readers is that rather than typing this up at home in Edmonton, I'm doing it up in the Rocky Mountains.

My life is pretty cool.

But don't worry, I'm still working on my genre reading, in addition to the Hellboy stuff I spoke about on Tuesday I'm reading the classic zombie anthology, The Book of the Dead, which helped introduce the sub-genre Splatterpunk to horror fans in the '80s.

Although I know an awful lot of people who are currently making their way to southern Alberta for the Calgary Expo - where you can get your picture taken with the entire cast of Star Trek: The Next Generation, I'm looking forward to a weekend of library-themed sessions on everything from comic books to social media.

No comments:

Post a Comment