Friday, January 4, 2013

Things I've Noticed: Sometimes you don't need to keep a show you like


Over the Christmas break my wife and I finally caught up on our TV watching – catching up with a few shows that had been steadily building up on our PVR over the last few weeks (and in 1 case, months), and were finally able to check out some of the television shows we have on DVD.

The first up was Entourage

I purchased the first season of Entourage from a no-longer-existing store called A&B Sound in the Edmonton downtown core back in 2005; at the time I hadn’t heard anything about the show, but as I was enjoying other HBO shows like The Sopranos and Sex & The City, and the fact that the whole season retailed for $19.99, I decided to give it a shot.

Since then my wife and I have watched eight seasons of the show (which is produced by Mark Wahlberg) and have found the show to be a lot of fun and an interesting look at one view of the Hollywood lifestyle.  In the end however, we’ve decided to let our collection of the show (all 8 seasons) go on my next used-book store run.

It’s not that the show was bad – actually it was a lot of fun, and living in a house filled with women a really nice breath of “Guy-centric entertainment”, but in the end I tend to base my DVD collection on the idea that I may 1) Want to rewatch the show at a later date and 2) Have someone else in mind who might enjoy it as well.  And unfortunately the show doesn’t meet both qualifications for me.

On the plus side, I’ve now got about a foot of shelf space for future DVDs I’ll be adding to my collection, and I feel I got my moneys worth from purchasing and enjoying the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment