Monday, April 14, 2014

Books to Movies: Divergent

On Sunday I went to see the film Divergent with my youngest daughter, and as I'm the type of guy who needs to read a book before I see the movie, I also read novel last week.

So here's what I thought; both were actually quite good - and as I've seen a number of YA books to movies over the last few years (Ender's Game, Hunger Games, etc.), I have to say that I really enjoyed the film adaptation, it did a great job of following the book, but at the same time left out a couple of the more intense sequences from the book, so someone who saw the movie first would still have a number of surprises (unlike say, Hunger Games readers - which I also enjoyed), but the two versions of the same story had a lot of value independent of each other.

Both are well worth checking out, but my daughter does strongly recommend thinking twice before you read books two and three (although I'll have to check them out as I've already started the series).

No comments:

Post a Comment