Wednesday, April 16, 2014

So I'm on goodreads Now...

For years I've been keeping track of the books I read.

First on a spreadsheet on my computer (that one keeps track of every book I've read since 2002), then a few years back I joined LibraryThing (hence the widget on the side of my blog which tells you what book I'm currently reading), and as of two weeks ago, I've finally joined goodreads.

So why have I decided to keep track of my reading habits in three different places?  I mean, in theory my electronics are designed as labour-saving devices which means listing each book I've read three times sort of misses the point of saving my time.

The goodreads story for me comes form the bizarre nature of social media - I join things to help connect with other folks in the library/reading community and surprise surprise, if there is an online way to keep track of reading habits library folks are bound to join, start accounts and then ask me if I'm on their reading site of choice.  Also I just found an online Fantasy/Horror/Science Fiction reading tracking site...

So yeah, now I'm on goodreads!

No comments:

Post a Comment