Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Woo Hoo - I am a paid author - Sort of.

Hi everyone,

A couple months ago I wrote an article about a software program I had recently received in my library and submitted it to my library technician association's newsletter. Today I was informed that the article made it into the quarterly newsletter and that everyone who submits an article is entered into a draw for a $25 gift card at our local book chain.

I won!

So, if you ignore the facts that:

1) I want to write genre fiction and this is a review of library software

2) only members of the association can read it for the next couple months

3) I wasn't paid so much as the winner of a draw

4) I wasn't paid so much as given a gift card


and if you squint your brain a little...

I just got something I wrote published, and I was paid for it!

(sound of Bookmonkey dancing the I just got published dance! - (pictured right)

1 comment: