Sunday, March 18, 2012

Season Review: The Walking Dead Season 2

Last night my wife and I finished watching the second season of The Walking Dead.

Oh yeah - Mild spoilers ahead.

So season two could basically be considered the Farmhouse season - which honestly was fine with me. After the amazing (but obviously super-expensive) first season which involved a zombie-infested Atlanta, I actually thought going smaller worked.

I wasn't a big fan of the season split however (where the first half of the season aired from October through December and then we were treated to a large break followed by new episodes in February), but mostly that is due to my fear that the second season will be split up for the DVD sales.

As with the first season, I was thrilled with the acting, the look and the zombie effects, and as a long-time reader of the original comic, I found it pretty interesting to see where the story changed and where it stayed the same.

If zombies are not your thing, I'd probably stay away from the series, but if you like a little scare on TV, this might be right up your alley.

I can't wait for season three this fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment