Sunday, July 15, 2012

Movie Review: Undead or Alive - A Zombedy

As I've mentioned previously, I got a Zombie-themed calendar for Christmas last year and although there are a lot of simple quotes like

January 12 - BRAINS!!!

or

June 23 - OMG! It's a Zombie!

most of the entries are references to zombie books, games and movies, and I'm enjoying checking them out.

A great example - the 2007 Zombie/Western/Comedy mashup, Undead or Alive: A Zombedy, starring Chris Kattan and James Denton.  I got the movie during one of my previous used-bookstore runs and as I've got another coming up, I thought I should check it out in case it isn't worth owning.

Guess what?  This is actually a really fun movie, with much better writing and direction than I expected.  The two leads are great together, with Chris Kattan playing a Don Knotts-style western hero and James Denton playing the classic smooth-talking coutlaw.  The two men partner up (sort of) and end up fighting hoards of zombies.

I don't want to give much up plot-wise, but if you can get a hold of the film it's worth the watch, but even though there is a lot of comedy, it is a zombie film, so be prepared for some graphic violence.

This one I'm keeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment