Monday, August 12, 2013

Book Review: The Complete Tales and Poems of Winnie-the-Pooh

Over the weekend I decided to read A.A. Milne's classic stories and poems of Winnie-the-Pooh, and completely fell in love with them.

I'm about 60% sure I've read at least some of these in my life, but as with most people of my generation, my introduction to the character came from the Disney shorts (and later feature film) of the 60s and 70s.  Reading the original text, I was really impressed by how close the films stuck to the source material and just how sweet these original stories were.

I don't know if I could pick a personal favourite character (my wife has long been a fan of Eeyore), but it's probably either Pooh or Piglet as they have some of the best interactions in the stories.

If you've never read the original works, I strongly recommend them, as they are in turns fun, whimsical, enchanting, and honestly, a wonderful look at childhood through the eyes of a young boy's toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment