Monday, August 26, 2013

Movie Review: The World's End

For my birthday the family took me out to see the movie The World's End, which was pretty fan-freaking-tastic.

Following a group of five men who are attempting to complete a failed pub-crawl they attempted twenty years ago, the movie begins solidly in the comedy genre, but then moves quite quickly and seamlessly into science fiction.

Having loved the previous works by this creative team (Hot Fuzz, Shaun of the Dead, and the TV series Spaced) I've been looking forward to this film all year.  My wife and kids also enjoyed it (although to be fair, my kids are older, so I wouldn't bring any Elementary-school-aged kids to see it), so all in all, it was a great way to spend the afternoon, and yes, I'll absolutely be adding it to my DVD collection when it comes available.


No comments:

Post a Comment