Monday, June 15, 2015

Sugar-Free Bookmonkey at Two Weeks

I have no idea why, but I've spent the last few days fantasizing about tearing into a tin of Dutch Butter cookies (pictured right) - which is odd as:

1) The Dutch invented Cookies (even the word "cookie" is a Dutch word), and have many varieties I far prefer to these...

2) These are cookies I only eat while visiting relatives who have put them out for all to share - and I often feel it's the same tin as last year.

3) While not awful, there are all sorts of cookies or treats I would have rather had during my sugar-eating days.

But there you have it, quit sugar for a few weeks and you start thinking strongly about cookies you used to only think were okay.

On the positive side:

Two weeks in and I'm still going strong, I've limited myself to only naturally occurring sugars (i.e. fruit) and for most of the rest of my diet I'm making sure the nutritional facts promise less than five grams of sugar per serving.

Although I spent the first week feeling a little more tired than usual, and having some heightened teeth sensitivity, everything else has gone pretty well.

Also I've lost five pounds since June 1st.  (243 to 238 for those who care), and as I haven't changed much of anything except cutting out the sugar, I think that's pretty darn good!

No comments:

Post a Comment